Monday, May 23, 2011

At the park ..

I had good intentions, I am not sure how well it really worked out though.  After picking the big girls up from their slumber party I decided to take all three girls with me to the park.  The farmer's market was open and there would be an art festival going on. Well, little girls who have been to a slumber party are not usually in the best mood the next day and they were not that excited with the heat or anything for that matter. 



I had my mind made up that we were going to have fun - just us girls.  So we went and picked out fresh strawberries (and I am pretty sure we paid more for them than we would have from our local grocery store) and then bought a sweet basil plant to start an herb garden.  Then baby girl was hot and hungry so we had to stop and feed her before walking through the art tents. 

I wish I could say they were wowed by the art but it was more like...I am hot, can we get a lemonade??....Its hot!  We did however find a small shade spot and enjoy the drums being played on the stage for awhile.  Our final walk through the art did produce a neat art exhibit that the girls were asked to help with. 

 They helped make a tree from recycled plastic and cardboard that we use everyday.  And then I realized to quit on a positive note, so we headed to our nice cool house for lunch.



No comments:

Post a Comment